IV International conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions. Mediating Emergencies: Intercultural Mediation in Extreme Conditions*** NEW Venue ***
CenTraS, University College London, UK
Dates: 3 –4 October 2014
- What happens to medical translation and public service interpreting in such circumstances?
- Which interpreting and translating systems are different international organizations using?
- Who is researching technologies to support in these events?
- Who is training interpreters and translators to actively support rescue teams and NGOs in these circumstances?
- What training is needed for these occasions?
- What type of data needs immediate handling in interpreting emergencies?
- What technological support do interpreters and translator need?
- Can we model or simulate contingency plans that aid those who have to provide interlingual communication?
- Erik Hertog, Lessius University College, Antwerp, Belgium
- Barbara Moser-Mercer, Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Yasuhide Nakamura, Osaka University, Japan
- Christina Schäffner, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
- Piet Verleysen, Director for Resources in DGT, European Commission, Belgium
- Brian Fox, Director for Provision of Interpretation, European Commission, Belgium
- Michael Kelly, University of Southampton, UK
- Noël Muylle, Honorary Director-General, European Commission, Belgium
- Alexander Perkins, Campaigner for Military Interpreters, UK
Registration & PaymentRegistration fee: £175 GBP (two days) - £200 GBP after 30 August
Registration fees will be payable by credit or debit card on the University Online Store. The event will be listed under Conferences and Events.
For queries regarding payment contact Helle Hylleberg email@example.com